July 26, 2008

Can you play it? Yes Wii Can!!



As some of you know, the Father of the house received a “virtual” gift for Father's Day – which has a double meaning since it involves virtual sports, but also because it wasn't really there.  What that all means is that he received a Nintendo Wii, but not really, since they are in short supply and Mom couldn't actually locate one in time.  But she searched really diligently and the local Radio Shack was able to snag one of 5 in the country for that week.

Since then we have had a lot of fun bowling, and playing tennis, baseball and golf.  Boxing has been taboo however since Maryelen almost knocked herself out with the wild Nunchuck swings.  At any rate she is now Pro Level at bowling and I've only managed to beat her one time.  We'll look forward to playing with any of you, whenever you come to visit.


Now that we're totally into this Wii thing, if Maryelen can only find a Wii Fit without paying Double Price on E-Bay, then she can get in top shape --- and do Yoga at home like this.  David will probably be content to do the ski racing...


3 comments:

a.b.c said...

yes! The Wii is awesome. I'm not very good at boxing either.
I unlocked the snowboarding, and I'm sooooo bad at it. like really bad. But I'm really good at the hula hoop! I can't wait til you get one too!

lani said...

I've never played the Wii, but it sure looks like fun. It was fun to discover your blog! We have one now, too. it is lani-lei.blogspot.com.

Andrea S. said...

The wii is great. I haven't played it in a while but after reading your post I think I may have to go do some bowling. I've been trying to talk Aaron into getting the wii fit, but we're having the same problem with not being able to find one anywhere. If you get a chance you should pick up the Mario & Sonic Olympic games-it's great.

At Home

At Home
Cooking in the new kitchen